Explore the management and creation of Botgenuity chatbots, including navigation, features, and choosing between multilingual or English-only options.
Welcome to the Botgenuity chatbot management system. This documentation provides a concise guide to the Chatbots List feature within your Botgenuity workspace. Here, you'll learn how to access, manage, and create chatbots effectively.
The Chatbots List is a pivotal tool for overseeing your chatbot assets, offering insights into message credit usage, and providing a snapshot of all your chatbots with key details such as names, descriptions, creation dates, and character counts.
Additionally, this section will guide you through the process of creating new chatbots, including the crucial decision of whether to enable multilingual support—a choice that is permanent and should align with your business's audience and goals.
By the end of this introduction, you will be equipped to navigate the Chatbots List with confidence, ensuring that your business capitalizes on the capabilities of Botgenuity's chatbot technology.
To begin managing your chatbots, you first need to access the Chatbots page within the Botgenuity workspace. This section will guide you through the steps to locate and navigate to this essential area of the platform.
Your Botgenuity workspace serves as the command center for all your chatbot-related activities. It is designed to be intuitive, allowing for quick access to various features and settings.
Upon logging into your Botgenuity workspace, you will find a vertical navigation bar on the left side of the screen. This sidebar contains various menu items that correspond to different functionalities of the platform.
- Look for the 'Chatbots' menu item on the left sidebar.
- Click on 'Chatbots' to open the Chatbots page.
Once you are on the Chatbots page, you will be presented with a user-friendly interface that displays all the necessary information and controls for managing your chatbots:
- The top portion of the page typically shows your message credit usage, indicating how many credits you have used in relation to your plan's limit.
- Below the credit usage, you will find a list of all existing chatbots. This list includes essential details such as each chatbot's name, description, date of creation, and the number of characters used.
By familiarizing yourself with these steps and elements, you can efficiently manage your chatbots and ensure that your interactions with customers and users are as effective as possible.
The Chatbots page within the Botgenuity workspace is where you can exercise full control over your chatbot fleet. This section outlines the key features and information you will encounter on the Chatbots page.
The interface is designed to be user-friendly, providing a central location for all chatbot-related tasks. It is here that you can view, create, and adjust your chatbots to suit your business needs.
The Chatbots page provides a clear view of your message credit consumption, which is essential for managing your resources effectively.
- Understanding Message Credits: Message credits are the currency used to measure interactions between your chatbots and users. Each plan comes with a certain number of credits.
- Checking Credits Limit and Usage: At the top of the Chatbots page, you'll find an indicator that shows the number of message credits you've used and the total number available under your current plan. This helps you keep track of your usage and plan for any necessary upgrades.
Below the message credit information, the Chatbots page lists all your existing chatbots, providing a snapshot of each one's key details.
- Chatbot Name: The unique identifier for each chatbot.
- Chatbot Description: A brief summary of the chatbot's purpose or functionality.
- Date Created: The date on which each chatbot was brought into existence.
- Characters Used: The total number of characters that the chatbot has processed, which can be an indicator of its activity level.
This information allows you to quickly assess the state of your chatbots at a glance and make informed decisions about their management.
Each chatbot in your list comes with options to edit its settings or remove it from your workspace.
- Editing Chatbot Settings: This allows you to modify the chatbot's name, description, and other configurable elements.
- Deleting a Chatbot: If a chatbot is no longer needed, you can remove it from your list, which may help in managing your message credit allocation.
The features of the Chatbots page are designed to provide you with a powerful yet straightforward system for overseeing your chatbot operations, ensuring that you can maintain an effective and efficient customer engagement strategy.
Expanding your chatbot portfolio is a straightforward process on the Botgenuity platform. This section will guide you through the steps to create a new chatbot within the Chatbots page.
To start building a new chatbot, you'll need to access the creation feature from the Chatbots page.
Once you're on the Chatbots page, look for the "Create Chatbot" button, typically located prominently on the page. Clicking this button will initiate the chatbot creation workflow.
A dialog box will appear, prompting you to enter the necessary information for your new chatbot. Here's what you'll need to provide:
- Naming Your Chatbot: Enter a unique and descriptive name for your chatbot that will help you identify its purpose or function.
- Adding an Optional Description: Although optional, providing a brief description can be helpful for future reference, especially when managing multiple chatbots.
- Choosing Between Multilingual or English-Only: Decide whether your chatbot will support multiple languages or just English. This is a critical decision, as the multilingual option cannot be changed after the chatbot is created.
After filling out the necessary fields, review your entries to ensure accuracy. Once satisfied, submit the form to create your new chatbot. The chatbot will then be added to your list, and you can begin configuring it to meet your specific requirements.
Creating a new chatbot on the Botgenuity platform is designed to be a seamless experience, allowing you to quickly expand your chatbot capabilities and enhance your customer engagement strategy.
When creating a new chatbot on the Botgenuity platform, you have the option to optimize for multilingual interactions or to focus solely on English. This decision is crucial, especially in terms of how well your chatbot will perform across diverse language sets.
The multilingual option is an enhancement that allows your chatbot to operate more effectively in multiple languages.
- What is a Multilingual Chatbot?: A multilingual chatbot is optimized to understand and interact in various languages, making it adept at handling conversations with non-English speakers.
- Benefits of Multilingual Support: This optimization is particularly advantageous if your training documents or customer interactions are in languages other than English. It ensures that the chatbot's performance is better tailored to the nuances of those languages.
Opt for a multilingual chatbot when:
- Diversity of Languages: Your user base or training documents include a variety of languages, and you want to maintain high-quality interactions across all of them.
- Non-English Interactions: There is a significant portion of customer interactions in non-English languages, and you aim to provide equally efficient service to those customers.
An English-only chatbot will still function across different languages but may not perform with the same level of precision as a multilingual one.
- Functionality: English-only chatbots can handle multiple languages but are primarily optimized for English, which could lead to a slight decrease in performance when dealing with other languages.
- Considerations: If your customer base is predominantly English-speaking or you're operating mainly in English-speaking regions, an English-only chatbot might suffice.
The choice between a multilingual and an English-only chatbot should be based on your specific needs and the linguistic diversity of your audience and content. Remember, the multilingual option is designed as an optimization for non-English languages, ensuring that your chatbot can provide high-quality service to all users, regardless of their language. Consider your current resources and future growth plans to decide which option will best support your business objectives.
Throughout this documentation, we have explored the various aspects of managing and creating chatbots within the Botgenuity platform. From navigating to the Chatbots page to understanding the nuances between multilingual and English-only chatbots, we have provided you with the essential information needed to effectively manage your chatbot portfolio.
The Chatbots List feature is a powerful tool that allows for seamless oversight of your chatbots' performance and message credit usage. By utilizing the guidance provided on creating new chatbots, you are now equipped to expand your chatbot capabilities and tailor them to your business's unique needs and the diverse linguistic landscape of your audience.
Remember, the decision to implement a multilingual chatbot should be made with careful consideration of your target audience and long-term engagement strategies. The optimization for multiple languages is designed to enhance user experience and ensure that your chatbots perform optimally across various languages.
As you continue to leverage the Botgenuity platform, keep in mind the best practices for managing your chatbots, such as regularly reviewing their performance, updating their information, and monitoring message credit usage. These practices will help you maintain an effective and efficient chatbot system that can adapt to the evolving demands of your business and customers.
We encourage you to explore the full potential of your chatbots and to utilize the features of the Botgenuity platform to their fullest extent. With the information provided in this documentation, you are well on your way to achieving a robust and responsive chatbot experience for your users.