Training a Botgenuity Chatbot from a website URL
Training a chatbot is a critical step in ensuring it can effectively communicate and assist users on your website. Botgenuity chatbots can be trained directly from your website content, allowing them to learn and provide accurate responses to user inquiries. This process is facilitated through a user-friendly form on the Botgenuity platform, where you can input your website's URL and set how often the bot should update its knowledge base.
By leveraging the content on your website, the Botgenuity chatbot becomes a more powerful tool, capable of delivering a better customer service experience. This section will guide you through the simple steps to train your Botgenuity chatbot using website data, from accessing the training form to monitoring the training process. With this knowledge, you'll be able to ensure your chatbot remains an up-to-date and valuable asset for your users.
To train your Botgenuity chatbot with your website's content, you must first access the appropriate training form on the Botgenuity platform. Follow these streamlined steps to get started:
Log in to the Botgenuity Platform: Enter your credentials on the login page to gain access to your Botgenuity account dashboard.
Select a Chatbot to Train: After logging in, you'll be presented with a list of your chatbots. Choose the chatbot you wish to train by clicking on its name.
Navigate to the "Website" Training Form: With the chatbot selected, locate the "Sources" menu on the left sidebar. Click on "Sources" and then select the "Web" menu. Within the "Web" section, you will find the "Website" tab. Clicking on this tab will reveal the training form.
By following these steps, you will arrive at the training form where you can enter your website's URL and set the training parameters for your chatbot. The next sections will guide you through filling out this form to ensure your chatbot is effectively trained with the latest and most relevant information from your website.
Once you've accessed the "Website" tab under the "Web" menu, you'll be presented with the training form. This form is designed to capture the necessary information to train your Botgenuity chatbot with content from your website. The form consists of two main inputs that you need to provide:
- Purpose: The "Website URL" field is where you input the full link to the website you want the chatbot to learn from. This is the starting point for the chatbot's training process.
- Instructions: Enter the complete URL of your website, ensuring it is correct and accessible. The chatbot will use this URL to crawl your website and gather data.
- Crawling Process: The chatbot will attempt to locate and use your site's sitemap.xml for an efficient and comprehensive crawling process. If the sitemap.xml is not found or is inaccessible, the crawling will not proceed. This precaution is taken to avoid any potential disruption to your website's operation and to ensure that no incomplete data is collected.
- Purpose: The "Scheduled Refresh" input allows you to set how often the chatbot revisits your website to update its knowledge base with any new or changed content.
- Options: You can choose from four different intervals for the scheduled
- NEVER: Select this if you do not want the chatbot to automatically update its knowledge base.
- MONTHLY: The chatbot will re-crawl your website once a month.
- WEEKLY: The chatbot will re-crawl your website once a week.
- DAILY: The chatbot will re-crawl your website every day.
- Selection Guidance: Choose a refresh interval that matches the frequency of content updates on your website. For rapidly changing sites, a more frequent refresh may be beneficial, while more static sites may require less frequent updates.
After filling out these inputs, you'll be ready to initiate the crawling and training process by clicking the "Crawl" button. The subsequent sections will provide detailed instructions on starting the crawl and monitoring the progress of your chatbot's training.
After you have entered the necessary information into the training form, the next step is to begin the crawling process, which allows the Botgenuity chatbot to gather and learn from your website's content. Here's how to initiate the crawl:
Review the Inputs: Before starting the crawl, double-check the "Website URL" and "Scheduled Refresh" settings to ensure they are accurate and reflect your preferences for how the chatbot should be trained.
Start the Crawl: Once you are satisfied with the information provided, locate the "Crawl" button found at the bottom of the training form. Clicking this button will trigger the crawling process. vary depending on the Botgenuity platform's user interface design.
Crawl in Progress: The crawl will now begin, with the chatbot systematically visiting the pages of your website as specified by the URL and sitemap. This process is done in the background, allowing you to continue using the platform or log out without interrupting the crawl.
Patience During Crawling: Depending on the size and complexity of your website, the crawling process can take some time. It's important to be patient and allow the bot to thoroughly collect and analyze the content.
Once the crawl has been initiated, the Botgenuity platform will handle the rest, autonomously processing and learning from your website's content. In the next section, we will discuss how to monitor the status of the crawl jobs and what each status indicates about the progress of the training.
Once the crawl has been initiated, monitoring its progress is essential to ensure your Botgenuity chatbot's training is on track. The Botgenuity platform provides a user-friendly interface for tracking the status of each crawl job. Here's how to stay updated on the training process:
- Location: Directly below the training form, you'll find a table displaying the list of crawl jobs you've started.
- Details Provided: This table will show key information such as the start time, current status, and other relevant details for each crawl job.
The table will indicate the current status of each crawl job, which can be one of the following:
- Pending: The job is in the queue and will start shortly. No further action is needed from you at this point.
- Processing: The crawl is active, with the bot analyzing your website's pages. This status indicates that the training is in progress.
- Completed: The crawl has concluded, and the chatbot has processed the content from your website, integrating it into its knowledge base.
- Error: There has been a problem with the crawl. This status may include an error message providing details about the issue.
If a crawl job status shows "Error," you have a few options for troubleshooting:
- Check the Website URL: Ensure that the URL provided is correct and leads to an accessible website.
- Website Accessibility: Confirm that the website is live and not blocking the bot's access.
- Sitemap Verification: If applicable, make sure the sitemap.xml file exists, is properly formatted, and is accessible to the bot.
- Remove and Restart: If the issue persists, you may choose to remove the problematic crawl job completely and start a new one. This can sometimes resolve issues that are not immediately clear or that are related to temporary conditions at the time of the original crawl.
By actively monitoring and managing the crawl jobs, you can help ensure that your Botgenuity chatbot is effectively trained and up-to-date, ready to assist users with accurate and relevant information.
Successfully training your Botgenuity chatbot using content from your website is a pivotal step in enhancing your customer service and user engagement. By following the steps outlined in this documentation, you have learned how to access and fill out the training form, initiate the crawl, and monitor the progress of the crawl jobs.
Remember that the quality of your chatbot's interactions is directly related to the quality and relevance of the content it learns from. Therefore, it's important to keep your website content up-to-date and reflective of the information you want your chatbot to convey.
Regularly monitoring the training process and updating the training parameters as needed will ensure that your chatbot remains a valuable resource for your users. With Botgenuity's intuitive platform, you have the tools at your fingertips to maintain a chatbot that is not only knowledgeable but also capable of growing with your business.
As you continue to utilize the Botgenuity chatbot, consider revisiting the training process periodically to incorporate new content and improvements to your website. This proactive approach will keep your chatbot's performance optimal and your users satisfied.