Integrate Real-Time Chatbot Notifications with Webhooks
Learn how to extend chatbot capabilities with real-time updates using webhooks. Set up notifications to external services for seamless application integration.
Webhooks provide a powerful method for extending the functionality of AI-powered chatbots by enabling real-time communication between the chatbot and external services. By setting up webhooks, you can ensure that when specific events occur within the chatbot, notifications are sent to an endpoint URL, triggering actions on other platforms or within applications.
To configure webhooks for your AI chatbot service, follow the steps below:
- Endpoint URL: Input the URL of the server that will handle the webhook events.
- Description: Provide an optional description for your webhook. This helps in identifying the purpose of the webhook when reviewing active webhooks.
- Select Events: Choose the events that will trigger the webhook. This can range from a user message to chatbot responses, or custom events defined within your chatbot's logic.
- Create Webhook: After setting the endpoint and selecting events, click "Create Webhook" to activate the webhook.
When an event occurs that matches the criteria you have set, the chatbot service will send an HTTP POST request to the specified endpoint URL. The request's body will contain data about the event in JSON format. Your server endpoint should be configured to parse this JSON data and perform the desired action in response.
- Upgrade for Webhooks: Currently, webhooks are not available in the free plan. To use webhooks, you will need to upgrade your service plan by clicking the "Upgrade" button.
If you have a CRM system and want to create a new lead whenever a user interacts with the chatbot, you can set up a webhook to post this information directly to your CRM whenever the chatbot detects a potential lead.
Once webhooks are created, they will appear under the "Active Webhooks" section, where you can review and manage them.